1. It is an instrument that has good inter-rater agreement, test-retest reliability, face and construct validity. It is also easy to use as has been reported in a number of papers. 2-4
2. We believe that AMSTAR has significantly advanced the practice of assessing the methodological quality of systematic reviews.
3. It has received endorsements from the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health CADTH and several authors and has been cited approximately 200 times over the past three years.
4. The reliability of the total AMSTAR score is excellent
5. It is practical as completion time is not long and one can arrive at a final decision with ease due to comprehensible guidelines